Tuesday, November 20, 2007

The Secret To A Healthy life


My family has a history of heart disease. And thanks to a bum named Darwin I'm probably going to get it due to genes. Well I was looking for a way out of this vicious circle which was an unjust fate upon me undeserved. People told me that I need to keep myself healthy. Well I'm no fatso so I can eat as much as I want. But if I didn't keep myself fit I would risk myself to heart disease.

But I have another family genes problem. The dominant "be lazy" gene. No matter what I do I cannot wake my butt up and do something. I tried ... I really tried. I had my dog lick me and wake me up, didn't work. Had three girls call me in the morning to wake me up, didn't work. Had my Dad yell at me, didn't work. Had an four alarms with annoying alarm tones, didn't work. I was at wit's ends. I didn't know what to do. I needed Divine Intervention. And the God lord answered my prayers.

Good things always come in small sizes. I was bestowed with a new cell phone. A Sony Ericsson w830i. To me it was always more than a phone with music. It transformed my life the minute it entered my hands. I listen to my phone when I ride through the chaos that is the city's traffic. And now I'm oblivious to the noises of the traffic. I have no traffic tension!! Therefore cutting down my chances of hypertension and heart disease!!

Another miracle happened to me I was able to wake up all by myself up !! . Just one alarm on my phone !! Normally I hit snooze and go right back to sleep. But now I can go resist hitting that snooze button and go for morning jogs !!, helping me keeping my ticker running. I simply love my phone

Good times have come to me. And I'm thankful to the almighty. Dhanyoshtami. Blessed. Hallelujah. Praise be to Allah.

No comments: